Saturday, November 18, 2006

another long break!

Wow it's been forever since I bolgged!

I first decided I'd had enough of getting dropped on the start line in cross, and comments like "you're not on the road now" and "Nice dismount" maybe I should try racing Bs, but that's against the rules, I guess.

Then I went to visit Family in Ireland, for a week, well I took a week of work, but spent 2 1/2 days getting to and from, using my United Miles I was obliged to fly through Chicago AND London both ways. I did upgrade to Business Class, so that helped.
While there I got to go to the opening of a new clubhouse for one of the first Cycling Clubs I rode for, It was great all those familiar faces from 25? years ago, I am old as dirt!!
I then went and joined the rest of my siblings, 5 brothers and 2 sisters and their significant others, as they are now called ; -). I spent the night talking and eventually got to bed at 6.30am, though, luckily I think, I didn't drink all night.

I got back home at 11pm after 25hrs of travelling and was up for work next morning, luckily it was thrusday, so I worked two days and had two days to recover.
I can't believe how slow I feel/am since I got back, so now it's time to get ready for training season ; -) Hopefully the weather will co-operate.

mjw

No comments: