Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ireland and Other Events

Well, I'm not going to post any pics. Just want to say I had a fine time in Ireland, didn't drink as much as I might, being as I was the designated driver for the duration. I made up for it in pastries and cookies! That's all I ate between breakfast and dinner, washed down with tea or coffee, of course.
My sister and her husband had a slide show on Sunday evening, of their trip to India.

November 28th,

Well, a week later I discover this draft post!!! Happy Thanksgiving ;-)

Yes, my sister and her husband went to an Orphanage in India and spent 3 weeks cleaning it up and bought bedding and replaced windows with money they raised at their church in Ireland. Really cool gesture and an adventure for them too.

We then had a great turnout for the Thanksgiving day ride to benefit Northwest Harvest, with donations totalling $1,500 when all is said and done. Thanks to all who came and donated.

I took a day off work today, as I had two dentist visits to do, I had my crown put in this afternoon. First I went to the Orthodontist and discovered how much that treatment costs! more than my TT bike cost .... and she wants me to wear braces for 2 1/2 years. I do think I need to do it, as it will pay off in the long term, at least I hope.

I'm going to Portland this weekend to watch the US GP cross races, and help Gavin Mannion with anything he needs for the race. I raced with his dad in Ireland in the 80s, before he emirgrated to Boston. Gavin is 3rd overall in the Junior series heading into this weekend, chasing our own NW starlet, Steve Fischer.

M

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, Marieka is here, 2 months old now. Martha has made some great baby stuff for her as you probably know. Trying to fit in training now that she's here--how I used to take my time for granted!