Sunday, August 12, 2007

More than a month?

Since I blogged!

Well, I've gone from work to bed to car to race non stop since then, seems like it anyway. Went to , Bend,Eugene,Corvallis and Bellingham on weekends and Pacific Raceways on Tues nights Seward Pk on thurs nights.
Anyway, this weekend was Bellingham Omnium State Champs, I raced Pro/1/2s and my results will prove that I was the oldest guy in the race, my TT was slow (relative to the 17 guys who went faster anyway!) my Crit was ugly, this old body can't go THAT fast from the gun, I wasn't very good at that even when I was younger.
The RR was a bit better, though the result, DFL was not. I had teammates in the top 4 of the race and the BAR standings too, so I could just "have fun" and drive it on the flat section so no breaks would get too far. Well It hurt me, maybe everyone behind just felt sorry for my feeble effort and said nice job as they passed me on the hill. I would get back on each of the first 3 laps and go back to the front for the flat section. Last time up the hill I was "done" and just rode in on the small ring to the finish.
I downloaded all the info from my Garmin 305 onto the Motionbased website and it looks real good, some cool functions on that website if you have a Garmin, or need a good bike computer get a Garmin.
That's all I have,

Mick

2 comments:

Argentius said...

You should link to your motionbased log, so we all can see how crazyfast you go!

Old as dirt said...

I think it was only crazyfast in my own mind! Sorry you couldn't get to race. Need to do something about that....like Flexcar?